Not only am I a huge fan of all things vintage & Marilyn. I am one of the biggest movie buffs ever! If it was made prior to the 60s or it is black & white... I have probably seen it & I'm more than likely in love! <3 Now with that said, I have a huge crush on all the dapper looking men of the 30s, 40s & 50s. So why not write about my top five favourite handsome men & the movies that made me swoon over them!
5. James Dean in Rebel Without A Cause (1955). Im sorry, I don't even think I have words for this one. Jimmy plays a young teen by then name of Jim Stark. His family continues to move him from town to town because of the trouble he gets in. In the movie there is young love, knife fights, greasers & chicken races. Lets be honest, I don't have much to say because I could look at Dean in that iconic red coat & cuffed jeans all day. He wouldn't even have to say anything!
4. Paul Newman in Cat On A Hot Tin Roof (1958). I have one word for Paul newman ... eyes! Holy dreamy!! They are blue, he is just plain beautiful & full of muscles! In this movie he plays an ex football player who drinks his life away & finds out his father has cancer. With him it wasnt even just this movie. He got more & more handsome as he aged! Check out Butch Cassidy... Yum.
3. Robert Mitchum Holiday Affair (1949). A christmas film where Mitchum plays a store clerk who falls for a war widow & little boy. He goes out of his way to be with her in the end. Its one of those movies that makes you melt all over, you watch it while constantly smiling! Now Mitchum to me, is tall , dark & handsome. His voice is gruff & he has that look that makes me melt <3 Doesn't hurt he acted in River of No Return with Marilyn..
2. Marlon Brando in A Streetcar Named Desire (1951). Im sure everyone has heard of the cliche bad boy making all the girls swoon. Well hello! A drama film, with elements of film noir. Marlon Brando is arrogant (just like he actually was in real life, not just the movies) he acts like an animal in a torn t shirt that drinks and smokes to much. I'm in love. I could listen to his voice over & over again. Also in The Wild Ones, he plays a bad ass biker in a leather jacket & cuffed jeans that roughs up a town... once again I swoon. I actually catch myself watching his movies with my mouth open in awe (my poor husband haha)!
1. Elvis Presley In EVERYTHING! I don't even know where to start with this man. Not only is he one of my favourite singers & things to look at... his movies I watch every week! He is the complete opposite to Brando. He swoons the ladies in every film & is full of romance. There was actually only one film he ever made that he didn't sing in. Charro! & well I would just like to say... um hello!! Not only am I head over heels in love with Elvis in every aspect. My number one favourite feature about a man is a beard & in this film he is scruffy, beautiful & full of beard! Now if you want to watch a handsome man, sing & shake around the screen... some of my other Elvis favourites are, GI Blues, Blue Hawaii, It happened at the world fair & Girls,Girls Girls.
These are only a few of my favourite films & I'm sorry if I sound man crazy, but watch one ... you wont be disappointed! <3
"Dream As If You'll Live Forever. Live as if you'll die today" James Dean